Sunday, May 6, 2012

Construction complete

Hello internet, I still have no new greetings. Now with my logo's two main parts completed all that was left to do was to put them together and a few extra things on top of that. After changing some colours, resizing some shapes and adding a background I managed to get my logo to this stage.

Though the logo may look complete it was still not 100% finished. I still needed to write my name in some cool Russian font and add some sort of interesting slogan. I started with the Russian font hunt straight away. Within a few minutes I found the perfect font (http://www.dafont.com/kremlin.font). I downloaded it straight away and then started the installation process. This consisted of me unzipping the file and then dragging the font file into the 'Font' folder which is located in the 'Windows' folder. Since I have installed new fonts before this was very easy for me to do. However I did run into one problem; the text wasn't appearing in Inkscape. I then remembered some wise words I was once told, "when in doubt restart". So closed off Inkscape, opened it again and I could now find the font. After typing my name this is what my logo looked like.
Looks better already
I still needed some sort of cool phrase to complete my logo. Something that sounds very communisty (I am aware I made up a new word). The phrase needed to have words like 'Unity' or 'Hard work' or 'Capitalist scum'. Then it hit me like all my good ideas hit me; Unity through hardware. It has unity in it and it has a pun because you know hardware sounds like hard work and....there is a joy stick...okay it was funnier in my head.

Now my logo was complete and this is what it looked like.
Now that is awesome!
 I am so shocked that my end logo turned out as awesome as it did. I honestly thought that it might look a bit B-grade in the end but I was wrong. Even though the Inkscape side of my project was a bit rushed I still had the most fun doing it. I learned heaps about the software and I believe I could now use it again if need be. If I were to sum up my logo in a sentence I would say, "Simple but effective".

No comments:

Post a Comment