Sunday, May 6, 2012

Construction continues

Hello internet, I have run out of greetings. Similarly to my previous blog post I will be tracing an object. Instead of a joy stick this time it will be a head set. This blog post might be a bit shorter compared to my others due to the fact that I am doing the same thing as I did in my previous post.

During the process of tracing I discovered something that would increase my productivity ten fold...or something along the lines of that. While using the 'Edit paths by nodes' tool I found out that I could smooth nodes. This button was located on the top tool bar and was the eighth from the left. This is what the button did to my tracing so far.
Before using the 'smooth nodes' button
After using the 'smooth nodes' button
 However though smoothed the shape did still need some more work on it to make it look even better. To do this I just moved the nodes around a bit to even them up. This is what it looked like.
Much better

After some time and a lot of node editing my end result looked like this.
After doing this part of my logo I felt that it looked very good. I have definitely improved and I believe that the head set shows this improvement. I was surprised how much the quality of an object can be improved through simple node editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment